- Three articulation types: sustains, hard hits and soft hits.
- Sustains: 4 dynamic layers, with smooth equal-power morphing.
- Up to 42 hit velocities.
- Custom round-robin script.
- ‘Damping’ control for adjusting release length.
- Simple and user-friendly interface.
Please note: This product requires the full version of Kontakt 5.1 or above. It will NOT work in the free Kontakt Player.
About This Instrument
This library features a close and intimately recorded wine glass, filled with water. Three different playing styles were captured with a multitude of dynamic layers which allow for a range of delicate and realistic playing styles. The included articulations are:
- Sustains/Swirls – created by gently moving a finger around the rim of the glass to create a clear, glass-like tone.
- Soft Finger Hits – the front of a finger gently tapping the edge of the glass, for a mellow, intimate sound.
- Hard Hits – the back of the finger nail hitting the glass, for a sharper sound that cuts through a mix.
The instrument was programmed with ease of use in mind. Simply move the mod wheel while playing sustains to smoothly fade between different dynamic levels. The instrument features an advanced script engine under-the-hood, using equal-power morphing with variable interpolation speeds to make changes in dynamics as smooth and natural as possible.
Use the ‘auto’ setting to automatically switch between soft and hard hits, depending on the note velocity. This setting will utilise all the velocity samples of both articulations, effectively doubling the dynamic range.